Internal Reference Number: R1019470
Summary Provides blended learning solutions and the use of innovative technology and tools to meet business goals. Responsible for training, developing and coaching activities in various areas. This includes the analysis, design, delivery, evaluation and maintenance required to manage the on-going execution of training programs and expected outcomes.Description
This role is located on site at 17 Technology Circle, Columbia SC. This position is full time (40 hours/week) Monday-Friday. Employees are required to have a schedule during the hours of 8:00-4:30 PM. Training will be during the hours of 8:00AM - 4:30PM Monday -Friday.
What You'll Do:
Facilitates varying levels of technical and non-technical training for both new hire and existing staff and/or teams. Effectively manages the training environment to ensure compliance to organizational policies while delivering new employee orientation, job-specific, company-specific, e-learning, and other training solutions. Evaluates learner performance and effectiveness through the administration of varying testing methodologies. Communicates effectively with the applicable customer and/or manager related to both learner and course progression towards meeting expected outcomes.
Conduct assessments to identify the performance, skills, knowledge and information required for a desired training program. Design and develop training solutions and materials that meet the intended need and learning outcome(s) for each targeted audience. Enhance and evaluate training effectiveness through the redesign and revision of existing training courses, curricula and materials in order to fill learning gaps identified through various feedback methods. Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration to partner with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), trainer peers and others to achieve high-quality instructional materials.
Provide support to training support areas to include processing work to maintain subject matter knowledge, attend Operations team and Workgroup meetings, partner with areas to identify performance gaps and proactively develop training plan objectives.
Maintain/Verify Training Systems access and other administrative functions.
- Bachelor's degree in any major or 2 year degree plus 3 years related training, insurance, or related work experience OR 5 years training, insurance, or related work experience.
Required Work Experience:
- 1 year training, insurance, and/or related work experience required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication and human relations skills.
- Ability to develop strong research, planning and data gathering skills. Ability to design and develop to create outputs in various methods.
- Strong organizational skills necessary to schedule, prioritize, and complete work assignments.
- Ability to become an SME for multiple lines of business and job functions.
- Able to acquire an understanding of the complex technical environment of the organization.
- Understand Adult learning principles and appropriate learning development methodologies.
- Ability to deliver training classes to 1 to 50 plus individuals.
- Dependable, responsible and has the ability to work independently with little to no management intervention.
Required Software and Tools:
- Microsoft Office and standard classroom and office equipment. (PC skills are needed to support the development of training programs and materials). Strong project management skills.
- Ability to learn corporate and other required systems.
Required Licenses and Certificates:
Ability to complete area required training certification programs within 1 year and/or ability to receive internal competency verification on area specific curriculum within 1 year (area specific).
- Bachelor's degree- any major, or, 4 year degree plus 1 year training experience.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use complex mathematical calculations.
- Analytical or critical thinking skills.
- Preferred Software and Other Tools: Knowledge of Access, PowerPoint.
PreferredLicenses and Certificates:
- Training Specialist certification as required by area training department prior to teaching any course.
- Work Environment: Typical office training environment. Some travel may be required.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Subsidized health plans and free vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid annual leave - the longer you work here, the more you earn
- Nine paid holidays
- On-site cafeterias and fitness centers in major locations
- Wellness programs and healthy lifestyle premium discount
- Tuition assistance
- Service recognition
What to Expect Next
After submitting your application, our recruiting team members will review your resume to ensure you meet the qualifications. This may include a brief telephone screening or email communication with a recruiter to verify resume specifics and salary requirements.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.